Full House Repipe Contractor in San Diego
A whole house repipe San Diego, CA is a big job, but it is often necessary. If you have lead or galvanized steel pipes, you will need to replace them sooner or later. If you live in an older home, your sewer pipes may be made of clay, they are most likely in poor condition and you will need to replace them. It’s important to find a reputable contractor San Diego, CA to do the job, and you should evaluate contractors carefully.
How to Find the Best Full House Repipe Contractor in San Diego?
Here are some tips on how to find the best full house repiping contractor in San Diego:
1. Do your research.
The first step in finding the best whole house repiping contractor in San Diego is to do your research. Ask around for recommendations from friends, family, and neighbors. Once you have a few contractors in mind, take the time to research each one.
2. Check licenses and insurance.
Before you hire a whole Full House Repipe Contractor San Diego, make sure they are licensed and insured. Check with the CSLB to ensure they have an active contractor’s license for plumbing, and they should also have workman’s compensation insurance. This will protect you from liability for any employees brought onto your property.
3. Evaluate contractors.
Once you've narrowed down your list of potential contractors schedule a meeting and obtain a written quotation from each. This way you can carefully evaluate the scope of work and value for the prices quoted. Prices can vary widely and these type of services are not a commodity to be selected strictly based on the cheapest cost. You should feel that the contractor is competent and will be around to back their warranties should you ever have any issues in the future.
5. Read reviews.
Finally, don't forget to read online reviews. This is a great way to get an unbiased opinion of a contractor's work.
By following these tips, you can find the best whole Full House Repipe Contractor San Diego for your needs.
What to Expect During Your Full House Repipe in San Diego?
There are a few things that you can expect to happen.
- The first thing that will happen is that a professional will come to your home and assess the situation. They will look at your pipes and figure out what needs to be replaced and the most efficient way to route the new pipes. Once they have a plan, they will give you an estimate of how much the Full House Repipe San Diego will cost.
- If your home is older, the walls must be tested for asbestos. Asbestos is very common in the walls of older homes. In those situations, we need to take special precautions with cutting the walls. If the test is positive, the contractor will need to call in a company that specializes in abatement so that any holes are cut safely to protect your home. Each area will be isolated and carefully cleaned and the materials disposed of properly. This can add to the cost however is an important step for safety and compliance.
- Most repipes are done in PEX these days, however some people still prefer to use copper. Most Full House Repipe Contractor San Diego will offer both. Some of the old supply pipes may be removed but others may simply be capped and abandoned. This helps minimize the number of holes that need to be cut in the walls. Your water will flow through all new pipes and the old ones will no longer be in use.
- On the day your re-pipe begins, the technician will start to prep your home for the repipe. This will include turning off water, and covering floors and furniture and possibly removing some fixtures. They will also start to work on removing the old pipes. This process can be messy, so it is essential to be prepared for it. The good news is that we now have a process and trained crew of professionals who can complete the entire whole home repipe in as little as only ONE day! We can also arrange for patching and paint matching so you can get right back to your life with nominal disruption.
- Once the old pipes are out or capped off, the new pipes will be installed. The plumber will install the new supply lines to all water fixtures. These are the pipes that will bring fresh water into your home. Once the supply lines are in, the rest of the new pipes will be installed, and you will have all new supply lines for the fresh water in your house.
- Once the repipe is complete, your home will have new, modern plumbing. This can mean better water pressure, fewer leaks, and fewer problems with your plumbing. It is essential to have a professional do your repipe so that it is done correctly, and your home is protected.
Point Loma Electric and Plumbing
4838 Ronson Ct Suite A, San Diego, CA 92111